One year ago today was the “soft launch” of Surviving and Thriving. I never thought I’d be the kind of person to write a personal blog.
Turns out that I can be that kind of person, when properly motivated. Specifically: I wanted a place for all the topics that aren’t a match for my day job at MSN Money. Writing about how to stretch a buck is challenging and rewarding but I have other thoughts to express, too.
I write about money a lot over here, too, but Surviving and Thriving isn’t strictly about frugality. Neither is it about navel-gazing. (My navel isn’t all that interesting. No one’s is.)
Now that I’ve gotten through one year and 317 posts, I would like to say a heartfelt “thanks” to you, the readers. Thanks for reading, for coming back week after week, for leaving comments.
To celebrate the one-year mark, the usual giveaway features 21 prizes and will last two weeks rather than one. The top prize is everybody’s favorite: an Amazon.com gift card. And it’s a big one.
It is, in fact, a $100 card, donated by the Mr. Rebates cash-back site. Yes, I said one hundred dollars. Yes, I was delighted, too. (In fact, I wish I could win it myself.)
Also up for grabs:
A $25 Amazon.com gift card, donated by Budgets Are Sexy
A $25 Amazon.com gift card, donated by Christian PF
A $25 Amazon.com gift card, donated by Consumerism Commentary
A $25 Barnes & Noble gift card
A coffee lover’s package from Savings.com:
- One pound of Coffee Beanery Beanery blend coffee
- One pound of Coffee Beanery hazelnut-flavored coffee
- A Café Frappe machine from Mr. Coffee
- Two Savings.com mugs in which to serve the brew (Incidentally, the Savings.com blog also has a giveaway every single Friday. You should enter it every single week.)
A one-year subscription to All You magazine, donated by — you guessed it — All You. (In addition to money-saving articles, the magazine has a ton of coupons each month; for a look at this month’s coupon list, click here)
An Envi-Tote folding canvas tote bag
Ten PF books donated by MSN Money columnist Liz Pulliam Weston (two titles by her, two not):
- “Your Credit Score: Your Money & What’s At Stake” (five copies)
- “Easy Money: How to Simplify Your Finances and Get What You Want Out of Life” (two copies)
- “Get Satisfied: How Twenty People Like You Found the Satisfaction of Enough” (two copies)
- “Outliers: The Story of Success”
Because there are so many options, I’m going to give you an option: Indicate your top three choices for prizes and as names are drawn I’ll try to accommodate the winners’ wishes.
It’s not necessary to list the Amazon cards, because I’m assuming everybody wants those. Remember: If you don’t shop online you could sell any card you win on the secondary market. (Incidentally, the B&N card is real live plastic! The rest are electronic.)
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or RSS
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 9 p.m. PDT on Monday, May 9.