Anybody else here old enough to remember hot-water vaporizers with Vicks Vapo-Rub dissolved in them? Big glass-bodied things that bubbled and murmured and released a menthol-scented steam that helped us croupy kids breathe.
I rediscovered that aroma at BlogHer 2011 — in a box of tissues.
A box of Puffs Plus Lotion With the Scent of Vicks is sitting on my desk right now. It’s the centerpiece of this year’s cold and flu package, which could be yours if the random number generator smiles on you.
In addition to the tissues, the giveaway includes:
- A box (20 tablets) of Adult Robitussin Peak Cold Formula
- A box of Zarbee’s All-Natural Nighttime Cough & Sleep Drink
- A tube of Chapstick Moisturizer (green apple flavor) for your fever-cracked lips
- Four sample packets of Advil Congestion Relief
- A 16-count package of Cepacol lozenges, in case your throat is raw from coughing
- A box of Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea bags — hot liquids are good for you when you have a cold, but I’m sending a non-caffeinated tea because sleep is good for you, too
- A cute li’l jar of Bonne Maman honey, to go in the tea
- It’s packaged in a reusable shopping bag whose logo is very appropriate: SaveAntibiotics.org.
Here’s hoping you’ll sail through the fall and winter without a single sniffle. But if you get sick, you’ll be ready to self-medicate.
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or RSS
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 9 p.m. PDT on Monday, Oct. 10.