Going somewhere for the holidays? This week’s giveaway will go with you.
Previous incarnations of the TSA-friendly travel bag have been quite popular so I decided to put one up again. This one-quart Ziploc bag includes:
- A 1-ounce bottle of the Philosophy brand’s “Purity” facial cleanser
- A 0.4-ounce tube of Philosophy’s “Miracle Worker” anti-aging moisturizer
- A 2-ounce bottle of Essence of Beauty’s citrus-coconut shower gel
- “Sugared citrus” shampoo, conditioner and lotion from the San Francisco Soap Company
- Sample sizes of Aveeno “Living Color” shampoo and conditioner, in case you use up all the sugared-citrus suds
- A sample packet of CVS sunscreen, SPF 50
- A 0.75-ounce tube of Colgate toothpaste
- A 0.4-ounce bottle of antibacterial hand sanitizer gel
- A disposable razor, in case you’re going somewhere warm and decide to shave your legs
It’s surprising how much “travel-sized” items can cost. More than surprising: infuriating. That 0.75-ounce tube of toothpaste costs $1.49, whereas I can get a 6-ounce tube free after coupons and rebates. But you can’t take a bigger tube in your carry-on.
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or RSS
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 9 p.m. PST Monday, Dec. 5.