Planning summer travel? Take this kit with you.Posted by Donna Freedman on May 25, 2012 | 101 comments
Your summer plane trips will be simpler if you go carry-on only. This week’s giveaway can help.
Quick aside: A few winners from my second anniversary giveaway haven’t responded to the e-mails telling them they’ve won. Technically I should pull new names, but I can’t mail the prizes for another day or two anyway. If you entered the giveaway, check your e-mail to see if you won. (And if not-responding is your passive-aggressive way of saying, “I don’t want that book/T-shirt/whatever,” then fine. Be that way.)
Back to this week’s prize: The TSA-friendly travel kit contains the things you need to stay cleansed and even protected from the sun. Contained in the bag are:
- Tom’s of Maine toothpaste. Technically it’s children’s toothpaste, aka “Silly Strawberry” flavor. It’ll get an adult’s teeth clean, too.
- Pantene shampoo
- “Inner Grace” shower gel from Philosophy
- Degree deodorant, for after the shower
- Marrakesh “Dreamsicle” leave-in conditioner/detangler (pool/salt water plus sun can do a number on your tresses)
- Eucerin lotion
- Banana Boat sunscreen, SPF 30
- “Yelpstick,” i.e., a lip balm that I got from the Yelp.com booth at the Emerald City Comicon
I’m also enclosing a teeny-tiny flashlight, which is cute as hell and made by the Skil company, i.e., the people who also make power tools. It’s a sturdy little metal rascal and sheds a surprising amount of illumination. This is in case there’s a power failure when you travel — who wants to be in a strange place without light?
It would also come in handy if you’re camping and need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Otherwise you might trip over a root, or a bear. Or pee on your shoes.
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or RSS
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 9 p.m. PDT Monday, May Tuesday, May 28. If I don’t hear back from the winner by Wednesday evening, May 30, I’ll have the random number generator choose someone else.