Last week I was invited to a party affiliated with the BlogHer conference in New York City. Since it took place the night I arrived and since I met the entrance criteria (blogger, 45 or older) I accepted. The sponsor was Boombox Network, an “online social media collective” for Baby Boomers.
(It’s always a surprise to realize that yes, I am a Boomer even though I never really associate myself with that group.)
Boombox throws a nice party and I met some very interesting women. Afterward the organizers told us to help ourselves to the lovely snacks that had been set out. Some of these were unopened and will remain so — until this week’s giveaway receives them.
Does the photo of Lavender Pecan Brittle hold any appeal? If not (or if so), there’s always the New Mexico Red Chile Caramel Corn?
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- Lavender Caramel Corn and that New Mexico corn mentioned above — Each is a 3-ounce bag.
- Pecan Cinnamon Caramel Corn — This one is an 8-ounce bag.
- Mango Chipotle Zinger Almonds — Ten ounces of a treat that sounds so good I had to force myself not to open the bag.
- Lavender Pecan Brittle — A 12-ounce jar of indulgence.
These are some nice goodies. The savory ones would go nicely with adult beverages on a warm summer evening. The pecan brittle is too good to share, so don’t tell anybody if you win.
Here’s hoping I can bubble-wrap it well enough that the popcorn doesn’t end up in little crumbles. Of course, then you could just consider it an ice-cream topping.
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or RSS
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The entry deadline is 6 p.m. PDT Monday, Aug. 14. The winner must respond by 9 p.m. PDT Tuesday, Aug. 15. In other words: If you enter this giveaway, check your e-mail!