Another TSA-friendly toiletries bag up for grabs.Posted by Donna Freedman on Mar 1, 2013 | 108 comments
The prize is another bag of travel-sized toiletries because (a) spring break is almost here and (b) it’s always a popular giveaway. Maybe that’s because you, like me, resent the hell out of paying $1.44 an ounce for toothpaste.
“Sized right for flight,” my left hind foot: It’s another way to gouge the consumer because manufacturers know how many of us want to go carry-on only.
What’s in the bag? So glad you asked.
The winner will receive:
- A half-ounce bottle of Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Smoothing Essentials lotion (this stuff is concentrated and will go a lot farther than you might expect)
- A tube of Crest Pro-Health toothpaste
- A teeny-tiny tin of Glide floss
- A 1-ounce bottle of Inner Grace bath/shower gel, from Philosophy; according to the label it can also be used as shampoo, but that won’t be necessary because you’ll also get…
- A 1.7-ounce bottle of Pantene Pro-V shampoo
- A small container of Vanilla Bliss lip balm from The Body Shop
- A half-ounce bottle of hand sanitizer
- An itty-bitty flashlight on a carabiner clip; attach it to your keychain, your handbag, a belt loop or whatever)
That last one might sound odd. But a flashlight is one of the 13 lightweight travel essentials that I always bring along. In part that’s because I don’t want to be without light if there’s a power failure. Another reason is that I often stay in hostels, and a tiny flashlight helps me navigate the darkened dorm room floor — a minefield of suitcases and shoes — if I have to go to the bathroom at 2 a.m.
The whole shebang comes in a quart-sized Ziploc bag, as specified by the TSA. Don’t you feel safer already?
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or RSS
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 9 p.m. PST Monday, March 4. If I don’t hear back from the winner by 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 5, I’ll pull another name. Check the site’s Facebook page on Monday evening, since I post the winner’s name there each week.