My trip to the SaveUp ’13 conference has come and gone, and quickly. I left Anchorage on the evening of Wednesday, July 31 and arrived at the Orlando World Center Marriott late Thursday morning.
There followed a whirlwind of sessions and discussions about coupons, SEO, plug-ins, apps, readership, blogging tips and the like. Food, too — really good food. I just don’t make things like wild mushroom risotto or miniature pineapple cakes often enough.
And oh, the fresh pineapple, melons and other fruits available at every meal – most Alaskans never get their fill of strawberries, but I sure came close.
The fun was fleeting, though. An airport shuttle picked me up at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Two less-than-comfortable flights later and DF was bundling me and my bag into his aging Subaru.
Speaking of bags: That’s this week’s giveaway.
All attendees were given a large red-and-white canvas tote embossed with the Savings.com logo. It would make a great beach bag or a good carryall.
But wait! There’s more!
Inside the bag were more logo items:
- A white beach towel (or a gym towel, if you don’t live near the water)
- A medium-sized black notebook with lined pags and one of those elastics that keeps it shut – hence no chance of it dropping open at a potentially embarrassing diary entry or unsuccessful attempt at poetry
- A fat red pen, the better to natter away in the notebook
- One of those BPA-free water bottles with a built-in straw and textured fingerholds so it’s easy to grab when you’re all sweaty from a workout (or a gardening session)
- And one non-logo item: A 5-ounce tube of Yves Rocher 3-in-1 almond nourishing lotion, just the thing for post-swim skin soothing (the unguent smells so delicious I want to make Christmas cookies with it)
To win this little piece of SaveUp ’13, do one or more of the following:
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or Feedburner
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 7 p.m. PDT Tuesday, Aug. 13. If I don’t hear back from the winners by 7 p.m. PDT Thursday, Aug. 15, I’ll pull another name.