No, it’s not a king cake (even though that’s a specialty confection often associated with New Orleans). This time around the giveaway is in the universal language: chocolate.
Not just any chocolate, either: Sucré is giving away a 15-piece New Orleans Chocolate Collection.
That’s three each of the following flavors:
- Avery – Caramel milk chocolate ganache in dark chocolate that’s been sprinkled with salt
- Chicory – New Orleans-style coffee folded into a dark chocolate ganache, then encased in more dark chocolate
- Magnolia – Pecan ganache enrobed in dark chocolate, then topped with candied pecans
- Meunière – Brown butter mixed with white chocolate ganache and encased in dark chocolate
- Blangé – White chocolate ganache that’s flavored further with banana and rum and then dipped in white chocolate
Imagine bringing these to a Labor Day cookout, or to your last weekend at the lake. Then again, you may not want to share these delights. (I wouldn’t!)
Note: The confectioner will ship only to the contiguous United States, so I’m afraid this giveaway is only for residents of the Lower 48 only. That is, unless you live elsewhere and want the chocolates delivered to someone who lives “Outside,” as we Alaskans call it. Whoever receives it will owe you. Big-time.
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or Feedburner
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 7 p.m. PDT Tuesday, Aug. 27. If I don’t hear back from the winners by 7 p.m. PDT Wedesday, Aug. 28, I’ll pull another name.