Traveling for spring break? You need this bag.Posted by Donna Freedman on Feb 23, 2014 | 77 comments
Except maybe when it comes time to pack. More of us are choosing to go carry-on vs. paying to check a bag — but that means you can’t take your giant economy-size bottles of shampoo and conditioner, or the big tube of toothpaste you got on sale.
This is one time when frugality is frustrating. Why pay big bucks for teeny toiletries?
Win this bag instead and you’ll have that much more to spend on wherever your spring break takes you.
This week’s giveaway consists of:
- Shampoo and conditioner. Both from Gilchrist & Soames. They smell so fancy.
- Matrix Total Results Moisture Cure. If you spend a little too much time in the sun your tresses might need a little spray-on pampering.
- Etao Milano body lotion. Your skin might need some extra care, too.
- Disposable razor. If you shave your legs, this could come in handy before you hit the beach/pool. If not? Donate it to a shelter.
- Colgate Total Clean Mint toothpaste. Keep your smile bright.
- Colgate Total dental floss. It’s mint-flavored, too. Remember: Spinach in one’s teeth could cause a shipboard romance to die aborning.
- Miniature flashlight. Particularly useful if you’re staying in a hostel, but also good to have whenever you’re in a strange place. Power failures do happen and you don’t want to be left in the dark. It has a sturdy clip for attaching to belt or fanny pack and is also small enough to fit into even a tiny clutch.
Speaking of bags: The items will be packaged in one of those quart-sized Ziplocs, as required by the friendly (and sometimes too friendly) folks at the TSA.
Here’s hoping you get to take some time away in the near future. If not, all this stuff will keep until your next trip to Anywhere But Where You Are Right Now.
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or Feedburner
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline to enter is 7 p.m. PST Tuesday, Feb. 25. If I don’t hear back from the winners by 10 p.m. PST Wednesday, Feb. 26, I’ll pick a new winner. So if you enter, be sure to check your e-mail by Wednesday evening.
Note: Due to the high cost of international shipping, a winner who lives outside the United States will be given an Amazon gift card and the travel kit will go up for grabs again.