The first BlogHer 2011 giveaway is a whole bunch of items designed to make you feel good about yourself, both figuratively and literally.
- A pair of Dr. Scholl’s High-Heel Insoles (size 6-10)
- A pair of Dr. Scholl’s “Fast Flats,” to put on after a few hours of dancing (size 9-10)
- A callus file, courtesy of Anna Lefler and her CHICKtionary
- Nuance Eye Quad, an egg-shaped doohickey with four different colors of eye shadow inside
- “The Falsies” mascara by Maybelline (I didn’t name it — I just report it)
- Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster, which you add to your toothpaste every time you brush
- Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk, an “anti-breakage serum” for your hair
- Essence of Beauty body and hand cream, “Japanese Garden” scent (it’s 1.75 ounces, so you can take it with you on a plane)
- Essence of Beauty Citrus Coconut Shower Gel
- Two little products by Philosophy: “Purity” facial cleanser (1 ounce) and “Miracle Worker” anti-aging moisturizer (0.4 ounce)
And if there’s any room left in the flat-rate box, I’ll squeeze in a reusable shopping bag.
Yes, they really did give all these items away at BlogHer 2011, to anyone who wanted them. You couldn’t walk past a table without someone proffering beauty items, toys, DVDs, water bottles, T-shirts, ice cream bars or even vibrators.
I am not making up that last one. In fact, I received not one but two such toys. They won’t be given away here, though: They’re being donated to a friend’s bachelorette party.
To sign up to win this week:
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or RSS
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 9 p.m. PDT on Monday, Sept. 26.