Traveling for the holiday? You need this bag.Posted by Donna Freedman on May 15, 2014 | 82 comments
If you’re planning a trip over the long Memorial Day weekend, this bag of toiletries – all TSA-compliant – means you won’t have to check a bag.
It’s also great even if you’re not flying, since it’s easier to toss these toiletries into your overnight bag than to start stuffing in full-size shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and the like.
This time around the bag includes:
- Colgate Total toothpaste
- Colgate Total dental floss
- Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo
- Paul Mitchell Detangler conditioner
- Paul Mitchell lemon sage lotion
- Alaska Regional Cancer Care Center lip balm (cherry flavor, SPF 15)
- Walgreens sunblock, SPF 30 (a three-ounce tube that should be enough to cover all the bases, as it were)
- Miniature flashlight (especially useful if you’re staying in a hostel and have to hike to the john)
And if you don’t plan to travel at all this weekend? Hang on to these items until your next vacation. You might be able to get away with just a gym bag instead of a rolling suitcase.
- Leave a comment below
- Subscribe via e-mail or Feedburner
- Sign up to follow Surviving and Thriving on Twitter or Facebook
If you do any (or all!) of these things, please leave separate, additional comments to get credit for each entry.
The deadline is 7 p.m. PDT Sunday, May 18. If I don’t hear back from the winners by 7 p.m. PDT Monday, May 19, I’ll pull new names. The deadline is a little earlier than usual so that I can get these items into the mail before the long weekend.
Note: Due to the high cost of international shipping, a winner who lives outside the United States will be given a choice of gift cards.